So - a few thoughts ...
1. I had a few fantastic couples over for dinner on Sunday night - so much fun, such great people. I LOVE to cook and so I prepared french onion soup for the starter, bacon Alfredo fettuccine for the second course, and grilled chicken with roasted yams & potatoes with stir fried peppers & zucchini in Marsala. For dessert - as requested by my hubby - Lemon Pavlova. So. See? I love to cook ... and one of my lovely guests laughed as she said that she wasn't sure if she could have us over for supper b/c she wouldn't do what I did. Hmmm. I've never thought of that before ... See, I just get into this "zone" of loving the smells and flavours and planning. I love writing out the menu and grocery shopping for yummy ingredients ... I love setting the table and all the small details as well as large. So - I started wondering if that's why we rarely get invited over to anyone's house for dinner?? (ok - that's a little embarrassing to admit too *blush*) Maybe not, but if so - that would break my heart. Seriously. I do what I do because I love to do it - not to make anyone feel ANYTHING but the love I put into it. So - if you've come over, and it's made you feel "whatever" - please don't. I love love love love love to do it. And if I do it for you - it means I love YOU too.
2. Oprah's show yesterday: I don't always watch her - she drives me a tad crazy. But I like the decorating or whatever - I tape them and either discard them or watch them when the hubby's playing hockey late at night. So, I watched the first 60 seconds or so and got so sick to my stomach - I halted the PVR and decided today (after chatting to a friend about it) to delete it. I don't like to be ignorant - but putting images in my head of children being ... ugh. I just can't take it. Lord, protect our children and HEAL the minds of those who dream up these intolerable evils.
3. Big Brother: I'm cheering for Dan. End of story.
4. Lampe Berger: I bought one of these the other day. It burns a scented alcohol rather than an oil - and it DISINFECTS the air ... the one I got cleans 150sq ft in 20 minutes. I was told that this is how hospitals used to sterilize rooms at the turn of the century. Sure, our technology is far better now, but sometimes - the basics is good enough for me. So the lampe has toured our home, first our bedrooms and then the main living space - and the way the AIR FEELS afterwards is really fantastic. I bought a "starter" kit for $40.00 including lamp, wick and fuel. Love it, love it, love it.
3. Digiscrapping: I created my first "word art" and wanted to post it .. haven't figured out how to save the image with a transparent background once it's a jpeg (as apposed to a psd file). When I save the image, there's a white background & it's unusable for digiscrapping. Also - don't know how to set it up on my site so friends can dowload "freebies". SO... anyone know? Anyone?? Help! I'm passionate, still ... and here are a few pages of late.
click image to enlarge