17 January 2011

[make: Spicy Peanut Sauce]

My last few posts have been heartfelt - but today, I sound like Elmer Fudd (insert nose blowing sound here) - so nothing deep ... just yummy.

Hmmmm.

Wait.

But before I go into the yumminess - I just want to say that since I've taken up the word "intentional" for the year - I cannot BELIEVE how every single day something happens that makes me think of what I'm doing or why I'm doing it.  I've been so thankful - been learning lessons about my own heart, my own motives and in that, it's been so much easier to not let things fester and to just give it back to God ... I feel empowered and because I'm constantly checking my heart - I'm feeling like there's growth happening that I hadn't realized I  needed ... 2011 is gonna be a great year.

Ok.  So ONE deep paragraph *grin* ... 

ANYway - every New Years we have a party.  New Years Eve is my hubby's bday so - at his request -we have not just any party, but a FONDUE party ... and I'm always in charge of the dips.  This past New Years, I decided to add a spicy peanut sauce to my repertoire.  The problem was, I couldn't find any recipes online that sounded yummy enough ... 

So.  I made my own, and made sure to write it down as I went - just in case it turned out scrumptious.  

Lucky for me, it did *wink*.

Here's what I did:

Spicy Peanut Sauce:

2 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup hot water
3 tbsp brown sugar - dissolved in additional 1/2 cup hot water
4 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced.

Directions:

Place all the ingredients in the blender.  Blend.  Chill.  Serve.  Makes about 4 cups or so ... I'm just guessing here - it was a bowl full *grin*.

I used it as a dipping sauce for the fondue ... I'm sure the possibilities are endless, though.  That is - if nobody in your home has a peanut allergy!!  *smile*

Enjoy .. and have a good one (which sounds like "hab a goob whon" for me today :-)

No comments: