27 April 2011

[talk: Toasted Skin]

Well.

Well, well.

It wouldn't be a normal day if I didn't feel like my head was going to explode with thoughts and ideas ... I am actually going to pick up some pads of paper today - if I can't write my list down, I go a little crazy.

Let's see ... first off - running.  I haven't run since my 10km this past Friday.  Why?  Well - Easter, for one.  And truthfully, my legs had been aching as well.  Right now as I type this, I'm in full running gear but it looks so incredibly yucky outside ... so instead, I'm considering doing a new 55min Jillian DVD today.  My shins are still sore ... and I actually think it's from a pair of black flats I've been wearing.   They kinda curl when not worn, and I think when I put them on they pull on my shins - kinda above my ankle.  Does that make sense?  Anyway - I've been too afraid to get out there and then have something pull or something.  

And after last week's rant, and because I'm a bit of an "all or nothing" kinda girl, I haven't worked out or weighed myself ... until this morning.  See, I knew I wasn't going to make my goal of 129.99999 *grin* ... so why bother??  Well ... no surprise, but I'm down from my highest, up from my lowest ... I'm mad at myself and couldn't care less all at the same time.

This break has actually been good for me, I think - although I tend to stray quickly if I don't keep accountable.  I haven't been obsessing, but I haven't been on track either.  Ah well ... each day's a new day.  I think this ridiculously yucky weather isn't helping ... 

What else? Well - I'm having a birthday this weekend ... ick.  Well.  I guess not really, but still ... ick.  I'm going to be 37.  Thirty-seven.  There.  I said it.  And that's crazy.  There are times that I actually like telling people how old I am because they are really surprised ... I think it has to do with my height.  Short people look younger, I think.  True.

But when I look at how fast the last 10, 15, 20 year have gone ... ick ick ick.  And yet, I feel like I'm in my "prime", though.  You know?  Everyone ahead of me says, "the thirties and fourties are the best", and I kinda agree so far.  Sure - there are extra lines on the face, some experiences that have left a mark on my soul.  The body ain't what it used to be (who am I kidding - it never was *laughing*) and yadda yadda yadda ... but - all in all, I like who I am ... 


So, what am I doing to celebrate?  I'm leaving.  On a jet plane (insert a good set of nerves right here).  I'm heading to Phoenix with three girlfriends to our place down in Scottsdale for a few days.  As I type this, it just doesn't seem possible that I'm going with all that needs to be done before then - but I think it'll hit me at about 8:30am tomorrow when we all meet.  I'm excited.

I intend on letting the sun toast my skin, on sleeping in until at least 8am, having the time to run in the desert, jacking up the Itunes, laughing until my tummy's sore and wearing cute summer clothes because it feels like summer will NEVER come here.  

Ok.  Now I am REALLY excited ... 

But first I have RHP stuff to finish up, some serious packing to do *smile*, grocery shopping, banking, pickup/dropoff for school ... but my hubby told me I'm not making dinner tonight.  Boo-yah :-).

OH!  


And Part Three of Kin and Kristy's wedding is up on my RedHanded Photography Blog HERE.  If you're able, consider this your personal invitation to become a member of that blog ... makes like simpler.  And you can do the same here to, if you like *grin*.

Ok.

Must run.

Have a great one ... and hey - I intend on doing what I love while I'm away.  And one of those things is blogging ... stay tuned *grin*.

No comments: