05 February 2009

[make: Black Bean Mexican Salsa]

Ok. So I made the name up ... I really have NO CLUE what this recipe is called *grin*. And it's not mine - a GF of mine made it during a weekend away with our families, and I was HOOKED. I'm not usually a black-bean-kinda-person ... but this is SO dang good. I memorized how she made it - and it's burned into my memory.

I tried looking for a jpeg of it - but I couldn't find this exact recipe anywhere - thus, no pic. I'm warning you. Don't make too much, or you'll make yourself sick with gluttony *GRIN*. Thanks, LM, for such a FANTABULOUS recipe.

Black Bean Mexican Salsa

1 tin black beans, rinsed
1 tin sweet corn, rinsed
2 diced avocados
2 diced tomatoes
ranch dressing
taco seasoning

Directions:

Mix beans, corn, avocados and tomatoes in a bowl. Add ranch dressing, a little at a time, until coated with desired amount. Sprinkle taco seasoning (I like to add a fair bit, about 1.5 tbsp) and toss. Place in fridge, covered, and let set for about 30 minutes.

Serve with multi-grain tortilla chips.

ENJOY.

I'll be making this for Siah's birthday party this weekend ... at least the moms can eat something other than hotdogs!! Speaking of which, I better get on to planning, huh ...

5 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Yum ....thanks for the recipe! This was one of my favourite things we ate in Phoenix!!! I'm definately going to make it!

Lisa B. said...

Sounds delish...adding it to my list.

Thanks!

AlisonVeritas said...

this does sound very very yummy. I will definitely give it a try!

Tawn said...

I'm telling you ... beware. It's addictive!!

anika said...

Hey -- I made this last night (sooo yummy and very addictive!). I added a couple of things, too, and it tasted great: I added a bit of chopped red onion and also some chipotle chili pepper seasoning for more spiciness. Thanks for the recipe!