01 October 2009

[renovations 09: Stairs]

With all that's been going on - I totally forgot about showing you some of our renovation pics. What can I say? I'm used to living in it now ...

For today's reveal - our staircase. It was chipped, peeling and really outdated. We considered doing an updated version of the white posts, as they are definitely making a comeback.


My hubby had a pain-in-the-neck time tearing it down before the guy came. Do you remember the drama with the railing guy??? Yeah. I had forgotten about it until now ... a picture is worth a thousand words sometimes ...


We opted for the warmer wood and iron ... and the painting? Something I whipped up with a spatula and 3 tones of paint. Trust me - I am NOT an artist ... can't draw a stickman with a ruler. But I was getting worried about the black and brown theme I was having and needed something to bring it all together. I couldn't find ANYthing that was substantial enough ... so, this was the most inexpensive solution. It cost about $150.00 to make ... and we really like how it anchors that wall now when you're sitting in the family room.


What do you think?? I think it's one of the biggest changes we ended up doing. Well - wait a sec - maybe that's not quite true ... we did a lot of things ...

Now that I'm remembering to do this - more pics soon!

OH ... and just to let you know how I'm getting all this blogging done?? The wee hours of the morning with my dear screaming baby ... putting her in the swing and listening to the clock tick by at 2am. UGH. I sometimes get one or two posts done, save them and schedule them for different dates ... and don't think about it until I see them on my site. Just in case you thought I sat around at the computer all day blogging ... HA!! Wouldn't THAT be nice!! Well. Not really. Being a mom is much better ... and so would 8hrs of sleep *wink*!!

Have a great one!

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Look fabulous and I love your make at home art project....kind of inspiring, maybe I'll try it myself one day!

Canadian Kristin said...

That totally suits the style of your house! Looks awesome and is so much warmer!!!

Henri said...

Ya ya... sure the painting is nice... but wouldn't an elk head look so much better? ;-)