28 October 2011

[make: Pumpkin Spice Muffins]

These are baking as I type this.  My little girl and I had a morning of spilling flour and egg whites on the counter.  I try and be patient *grin* ... she is, after all, only two.  And old enough to help stir and pour ... I want her to have a love of cooking and helping - so I guess it starts now *grin*.

This recipe is out of a Canadian Living Magazine from 2008.  Yup.  I still had it ... and this morning I noticed a dog-eared page - and voila.  Pumpkin Spice Muffins.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins (yields 12 muffins)

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

1.  Line or grease muffin tin.
2. mix dry ingredients in a bowl
3. in a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
4. add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
5. scoop in to prepared muffin tin
6. bake at 375F for 20-25min

So ... I haven't tasted them - but my house smells incredible, and Katia keeps going to the oven and turning the light on and off, on and off.

Six more minutes ... mmmmmm.

Have a great one!


No comments: