04 April 2012

[redhandedphotography: NEW SITE. NEW BLOG.]

Hey hey hey ...

SO ( I seem to start off like that a whole lot, don't I ... ) ... 

After 5 weeks and hours and hours and hours of time ... I launched my BRAND NEW RHP (RedHanded Photography) website!!!  It's been a labour of love - frustrating and exhilarating all at the same time.  I designed it from scratch, with so much thought and effort into every detail ... I hope you go check it out *grin*.  


And ... a NEW BLOG to boot at www.redhandedphotographyblog.com.  Yes, I ventured out of blogpost and into the world of ProPhoto Blogs.  I designed this one as well, but from a template - and I wanted to keep it simple, and more about the images than "cool gadgets".  You can check it out HERE ...


And honestly? I am SO relieved that it's DONE.  Ok ... well, I'll probably tinker and fiddle with them for a while, but basically I won't be dreaming in fonts and layouts at night!!  I'm mighty happy about that ... 

On a different note, I headed to the doctor to get a note so I can get orthodics for my running.  I'm mighty happy about that too ... And I also had a bit of a therapy session about my sugar binges and my body ... it was good.  Basically, I needed someone to give me a bit of a scare - not even about now, but about the future.  And if I don't want to be over-weight, suffering from diabetes and potentially risking losing limbs and blindness (how's THAT for a reality check), I need to start getting things under control.  He explained to me what I'm scientifically doing to my body every time I crash and every time I binge.  Binges on sugar can cause my metabolism to get completely messed, my pancreas to over-use and ... well.  It's bad.

Will this help?  I actually think it might ... instead of me just rambling on to friends about it, instead of looking for a community of people who feel the same - which actually validates me instead of giving me a reality check - hearing it from a doctor ... yeah.  It felt a bit like a smack on the back of the head.

I needed that today.

ANYway ... that's all for now I hope that your day brings you closer to those you love, closer to who you desire to become, closer to the One who gave Himself for you.

Have a great one!!




No comments: