04 March 2009

[talk: SHOUT Outs]

I know that many of you who come and visit, are apart of a "circle of blogs". You found me through a friend's site, or you visit en route to another ... THANK YOU for stopping by.

This morning, I have a little boy with a fever on the couch, and another who is so full of energy. I was up at 3:45am this morning, administering medicine to Mattias, and to my hubby who had the shakes and a wicked cough. And being 14 weeks preggo (well, tomorrow I'm 14 weeks), I NEED my sleep ... how I'm going to get through another day, trapped at home, stuck in the rain, with little sleep ... Lord, help ME.

So, to "escape" for a few minutes, I like to roam around friend's blogs & pages and realized that they've created some pretty cool sites. So many of my friends have SUCH talent and a business sense that I so admire.

Here are some of my favourites ... and not all are blogs - but hey, go visit ... And - they're in NO particular order *wink*. Love 'em ALL.


www.michaelvwilson.com : I am so proud of my cousin ... he and his wife moved from New Zealand to Canada a few years ago, and have really run with the opportunity here. His dream is to create movie scores, and I can't WAIT to see his name in the credits one day. Visit his site to hear some of the music he's created ... I'm certain you'll be impressed!


www.art-blocks.com : That same cousin, and his wife, have SUCH great business sense and saw an opportunity to market something new for our city. These art blocks feature scenes from Canada and are being marketed to merchants in the city for the 2010 Olympic Games. SO smart!!

"With Love" Cakes By Shawna : This girl is sheer talent ... and grown a hobby into a business. Her work is simply lovely, affordable and done with excellence. I'm so proud of her passion for living life and creating beautiful treats!


Entertaining My Way: My close friend and I think very alike. Organized, structured ... logical. And when she decided she was going to post recipes, she figured it best to put them on their own site. I LOVE this page ... I know most of these recipes personally ... and am addicted to her "Cream Corn." I warn you ... if you try it, you will - um - gain 10 pounds. BUT IT'S SO WORTH IT!


LIFELIVEDESIGN : My dear friend, AL, is as smart as they come. She has her Masters and I love a good, deep discussion with her. Her business, though, shows her creative side and her attention to detail. Everything she does, she does well ... *smile*
Ok ... I must get onto doping up my child with more Tylenol (poor little guy). Hopefully you'll enjoy visiting these sites ... and if you haven't been before, come visit my new photography site. Would love to have you drop by: http://www.redhandedphotography.com/

If YOU have a site that you'd like me to post, let me know ... always love to learn and see new things!

7 comments:

Char said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Char said...

Thanks for the shout out! And yes, I will make you the tenderloin one night...just have to find a night that works for both our schedules!

AlisonVeritas said...

Thanks for the shout out! However I have a much cooler website at web.me.com/lifelivedesign
The other one is, well, on the ghetto side and totally outdated. We have entered mac land. I have some pretty ridiculous castle cake pictures to put up sometime later today!

AlisonVeritas said...

Thanks for the shout out! However I have a much cooler website at web.me.com/lifelivedesign
The other one is, well, on the ghetto side and totally outdated. We have entered mac land. I have some pretty ridiculous castle cake pictures to put up sometime later today!

Tawn said...

thanks, Alison ... I'll change the link - and I should let you know that your menu bar is still vertical (at least on my computer). I'll put a note to those who want to stop by, to click the side panel to see all the things you offer ...

Anonymous said...

Because of your friends list on your blog, I ordered a wonderful birthday cake for our youngest from Shawna! It was amazing!!

Shawna said...

Awe, thanks for the shout out Tawn - I am seriously so blessed!
xo, *S