18 May 2009

[talk: Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jog]

My Nana always used to say "home again, home again, jiggidy jog" whenever we arrived home. And I found myself saying it yesterday - happy to be home, and feeling a little like I never left. Except for the jet lag. Jet lag is evil.

I pretty much had 2 different trips - the one to Australia being with friends and meeting new people. The second, to New Zealand being with family and seeing old friends.

We did a lot of driving around, and I won't lie - I'm pretty beat. It doesn't help that the boys were up at 7:30am, which was 2:30am for me.

Ah well ... give me a couple of days and I'll get back into the swing of things.

So - now my next adventure will be bringing this new wee one into the world. THAT is a crazy thought ... having three kids? I can't imagine a new personality entering the home, and am looking forward to this new stage ... but it's not for a while. September-ish.

The last night I was in NZ, I went to my cousin's 21st bday party. Basically, it was a "wedding for one". A hall was rented, over 150 guests, appies and drinks served, speeches, slide shows ... the whole shebang.

It was a great night of honouring my cousin, and he seemed quite overwhelmed with all that was done. One of the highlights was a video done by his younger brother, and best friend, Jono(than). If you're interested ... it's here. Jono wrote it ... and you'll be humming the chorus if you watch it too long *smile*. Oh - and "woostie" is my cuz's nickname ...

All right ... off to do laundry. Ciao!

No comments: