14 July 2011

[make: The Perfect Playdough.]


So.  It's raining (boo), and Katia's sleeping ... so what to do with the boys?  


Well, we thought making playdough would be fun ... and it was ... except I now LITERALLY look like "RedHanded Photography" *grin*.   I found the recipe online ... and it was super easy and took less than 10min total. I highly recommend it!!


Playdough Recipe


1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
food colouring

Mix first 4 ingredients in a pan. Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 3 – 5 minutes. Dough will become difficult to stir and form a “clump”.  Remove from stove and knead for 5 minutes–add food coloring during kneading process. Play dough will keep for a long time stored in a covered plastic container or plastic sandwich bag.
It made the perfect amount for the boys and neighbour friend.  Siah chose red *duh*, Tias chose yellow and the neighbour friend also chose red.
What else?  Well, I have a lot on my mind ... and with the boys heading to their grandparents for a sleepover, and Katia having a fairly early bedtime - tonight I intend on sitting in my music studio with my piano, my guitar, a pot of tea, a pad of paper and a purple sharpie.  Tonight - I write.  
It's hard to enjoy so many things, like photography, like digiscrapping, like hosting, like cooking, like writing music, like going out with friends, like preparing for a 1/2 marathon (oh.boy.) ... there's never enough time to do it all once the kiddies are asleep ... so.  Today, I just decided WHAT I was going to do tonight ... and writing is what  it's going to be; after my hubby leaves for hockey, I should say *grin*.
Not sure if it's going to be "worship" or just "life" music ... time spent at the piano is something that I've shared with you all before (click "worship" on the right under "filing drawer") ... It calms me and energizes me all at the same time *grin*.
Ok ... well ... as usual, I'm writing more than I have time for.  This was a playdough post, not a "sorting-out-my-schedule" post.  
I hope you have a great one, wherever you are, whatever you're doing ... do it to the best that you can today.  Even if it's "just" laundry and playdough making *grin*.  Because if you love what you're doing, it's NEVER "just".
Have a great one!

No comments: