05 September 2008

[talk: And for Today's Post]

Thank you SO much for the stories you shared about your brushes with fame *grin* - I loved reading them and feeling connected to you all ... such a fun thing *grin*!

But on to my REAL life ... the sun came out yesterday and we ventured to the park. I was a "single" mom for the day and night - and that meant planning ahead and coming up with fun things to do. I sure love our boys ... and time spent together is pretty great - even when it's exhausting.


And today? Well - it was the first day of Tias' second year of preschool. More like an orientation, a getting together and reminding all of us moms how things work. A refresher *grin*. And now we're ready for the school year.


And the rest of today? Spent outside, laughing and creating memories. And me trying to save the moments forever with my camera. Being a mom is so bitter-sweet. The guilt I feel when I choose to do something other than being with them. The guilt of dreaming of them being older and less reliant on me and being able to be more selfish with my time - all the while praying that they'll stay this way forever. The way they giggle, and make up silly words. The way their feet look when they refuse to wear their shoes outside. The way their hair smells when they come for a close hug. Oh how I love them.


5 comments:

Jenn VH said...

Looks like you had a fun day!! I'm guilty of feeling the same way--I think it's part of being a Mommy! Enjoy these sunny days while they're here!
:) Jenn

Why-Von said...

Love the foot pic. and the one of Mattias laughing.

Yin said...

Hi Tawn, I'm so glad I came by, thanks for dropping by and leaving a link. I can't have enough of your great photos and family. I love your layout style so much! Actually like the ones you do without the templates more! :) I love the one on Aldergrove lake, It's all about the building, Swimming lesson and the Park. Wow, love your style so much I've bookedmarked your blog for future reference. In case you don't mind, could I show some of your layouts(those using the templates) on my blog ? Love this hobby and the creativity and the friends we get to meet! :) yin

anika said...

I think the guilty thing is completely normal too -- I feel like that as well, when I put my baby in his swing so I can grab something to eat or whatever. Mommyhood is just like that!!

Tawn said...

Hi Yin ...

I left a note on your simplyyin site - but in case you come back here to check, I would be thrilled to have my pages on your site. SO thrilled ... just let me know so I can take a peek *grin*.