04 October 2008

[talk: A Girls Weekend to Phoenix - and now, Silence]

If you're reading this - then you're probably friends with friends of mine, and you'll probably read all about this a few times over *grin*. But - for those of you who haven't heard, I'm currently in Phoenix and have just said "good bye" to a few of my girlfriends - and now am alone listening to the dishwasher.

I had planned this "weekend away" (although, it wasn't actually the weekend), a few months back. My parent's joint condo sleeps five ... so I invited five friends and I slept on the floor. No, no, no, it was REALLY comfortable *seriously* and tonight I have the king bed all to myself *grin*.

We left on Wednesday morning, and arrived at the condo before supper. We got our groceries and made our way to the Cheesecake Factory for supper. YUM!! We even splurged and actually HAD cheesecake *grin*. What a concept *bigger grin*. It took us a while to unwind, I think, but by the time Thursday morning came - we were ready to SHOP.

After a morning by the pool, I took the girls to the Outlets that are close by. We left a 12:45 and came home *cough* at 10:30pm. Serious, serious shopping. I mean, some girls even got some of their Christmas shopping done *laughing*. Then, yesterday, we went out to another set of outlets and shopped our little hineys off there too. For dinner? A FANTASTIC Italian restaurant that even my in-laws approve of *wink*.

Today was spent by the pool, with everyone alternating turns with the washer and dryer for their sheets. Before we left for the airport, the girls gave me the most touching card and a gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure at a spa across the street. Yes. There were tears. I was so touched that they would do that for me.

We stopped at Cold Stone for ice cream and then I drove the girls to the airport. There were more tears from me, as I said good bye to my friends and drove off by myself to the condo. My family is arriving tomorrow - but these last few hours have been the STRANGEST for me.

Alone. Not a word I would use very often - but it's a strange place to be. It's quiet, and honestly, I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with myself tomorrow ... I'm not picking up everyone until 6:30pm. SOOOO ... I have thoughts going through my head. Insecurities rising up, scenarios going through my head ... which is SO strange, b/c I used to be so independent. The mere fact that being alone here for 30 hours rattles me - well, that just makes me wonder "who ARE you???". I am not who I used to be, that's for sure *grin*. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe not ...

So - I may do the pedi/mani tomorrow. Maybe I'll sit by the pool. I should probably restock the groceries for my family. I have some sheets to put on the bed in the spare room. Maybe I'll sleep in. Have a bath. Spend time with the Lord. Digi scrap. *shaking my head*.

It's all just so strange.




5 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

You know, I did just hear that the PS economy was up ...I'm seeing (by the spread on the bed) that you all did your part! THAT is a lot of super-fun shopping and girl time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)


Savour these 30 hours "alone", Tania!!!! SAVOUR!

Anonymous said...

I Love All the Shopping Bags!
It just made me grin from ear to ear... as I can relate to those fun times with girlfriends at an Outlet Mall! Yipppeeee Fun!

30 Hours alone... wow, frankly I can't even imagine it! hmmmm... i'm scratching my head wondering what the heck I would do??
Well if it was me, I would probably make my family a huge delicous Dinner... but thats just me *grin* Hope you have a Wonerful day, whatever you decide?

oh and be sure to Blog at what you did... cause I sure will be curious! *smil*
Hugs!

Lisa B. said...

Looks and sounds like you girls had a wonderful time!

Enjoy your 30hours - I agree with Kristin - savor them!!!

Amanda said...

It appears that you ladies had a great 'girls' time in Phoenix! Did you take them to DSW? I LOVE that store! Got myself 3 or 4 pairs of shoes when I was there! haha!

I agree with the others - ENJOY and SAVOUR those hours alone! But I also know how you feel! I don't know what I would do ALONE for that many hours. I would go stir crazy!

Shawna said...

Awesome! What a great time w/ the girls!!!

Now, your family, you are blessed!