22 October 2008

[talk: Heros, Pedicures & Jack. The Lantern.]


Monday night was "Father & Child" night at preschool. But my husband was in the bathroom, praying to the Porcelain God, and had to bow out. I quickly called our friend JP and he immediately came to the rescue. So Mattias got to still go to the special event, my husband got some much needed rest and JP morphed into a super hero. At least in our eyes *smile*.

At the event, they coloured a pumpkin ... and what do you think Mattias wanted for his "theme"?? Why, EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER, of course. He is obsessed (did you see the digi-layout?) ... and we thought it was HILARIOUS when he and JP arrived home with a pumpkin covered with houses, ball wreckers and "Move That Bus!!". SO funny.

Here are some pics.

On a different note ... on my last day in Phoenix, I cashed in on the AMAZING gift my GF's got me. I had my pedicure and manicure in complete wonderfulness. My cousin, Ruth, from NZ was visiting the Phoenix condo, so she and I went together while my mom watched the boys. It was such a special time ... Ruth's the eldest, I'm the youngest and despite the 4billion miles between NZ and Canada, family is always family.

The toes are still good, but my mani is no longer *grin*. It got ruined during my piano playing at the WA Conference ... ah well!




my leg looks weird ... that's because there's CHOCOLATE on it!!


my stubby little piano fingers.

our happy toes.


And finally - last night, we carved our pumpkins. My hubby and I each took on our own project, and had SUCH a great time with our boys. Because we're leaving for the Caribbean in 2 days, this will be the last "fall" thing we do before November comes. And that makes me a little sad. I LOVE October - and can't believe we're missing Hallowe'en with our kids. That just seems wrong. But tomorrow, we're going to the Pumpkin Patch, and we DID do the carving - so hopefully not too much will be missed!!

SO - I'm off to pack, make lists, clean, bank, make dinner and have some trampoline time with Tias in this GLORIOUS October day. Hope your day is full of special things ...



2 comments:

Shawna said...

Wow - what a full post! Full of lots of love, laughs and amazing life!

Have a fabby time on your cruise! And don't worry about missing Halloween...if it were Christmas we might think you were wrong...but Halloween, they'll get over it!

Now go enjoy and think of better "married" things, less sippy cups and diapers!

Anonymous said...

Tania - thanks for sharing a bit of your daily life with us! Have a wonderful holiday celebrating you and Lu!!! Can't wait to read all about it.