11 July 2011

[make: Old Fashioned Pancakes.]


I am a little embarrassed to say it - but I hadn't ever made pancakes from scratch.  I mean, why would I?  Costco always has a bag of some sort of pancake mix for sale ... add water and poof: pancakes.   The spelt flour brand was our family staple.

But they stopped selling our favourite mix ... and instead, a multigrain one replaced it.  It was full of flaxseeds and whole grains.  I bought it ... and the kids HATED it.  

Boo.

So ... this morning I googled "pancake recipe" and found this.  It had rave reviews and I AGREE.  My kids LOVED them ... and it actually made its way into my recipe box (where only my tried and true recipes live).

Here's the recipe ... go grab some paper *grin*.

Old Fashioned Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla (my contribution to the recipe)

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.  Make a well.  Add wet ingredients; mix well.  Lightly grease  griddle on medium heat ... scoop approx 1/4 cup of mixture onto griddle.  Flip.  Eat.  Be happy.

I'm going to try it with the spelt flour I have ... if the recipe needs to be adjusted, I'll let you know *grin*.  

But these ones?  They were fluffy and most of all ... completely devoured.

AND.

"Weddings: Sam and Lana Part II" is up ... check out my RedHanded Photography blog HERE ...  here's a teaser *grin* ...


Ok ... SO.  I'm in Starbucks as I type this ... waiting for a bride for a 2012 wedding consult ... can't wait to hear what the plans are *smile*!  And then?  Off to a photoshoot downtown at Kits ... eek.  Honestly?  Today is INSANE ... soccer camps, photoshoots, ... I even set the alarm and ran this morning.  Feel good about that ...

Tomorrow?

Another photoshoot at Campbell Valley Park and ... everything else that needs to be done.  Except dinner ... going to my in-laws for some incredible Italian food.  Hmmm.  Better run tomorrow too.

OK.  The bride should be here any minute :-) ...

Have a great one!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a recipe for making your own pancake mix if you want. You make a 4lb batch and then store it in a rubbermaid container and it gives you the recipe for making a batch - measure out your flour, add water & a bit of oil... yum! If you have spelt flour, you can also put that in your mix. I use 1/3 whole wheat flour in mine. L. Stevenson

Tawn said...

thanks :-) ... the more recipes the better!